Visa Application

Besides a foreign domestic helper visa, student visa and dependent visa, you have two visa application options: an investment visa or employment visa. By definition, an investment visa is for entrepreneurs who wish to establish or join in business in Hong Kong. Whereas an employment visa allows a person to be employed in Hong Kong as a professional.

Unless your initial investment is significant, an employment visa is considered easier to obtain, but it implies that you are employed by the company (i.e. you have an employment contract, payslips, payment of salaries, retirement plan, etc.). Moreover, for an investment visa, you need a Hong Kong resident sponsor whom you are acquainted with, which as a foreigner you may have difficulty finding. Finally, even if you apply for an investment visa, the Immigration Department may re-qualify your application for an employment visa.

According to the Immigration Department they normally take four weeks to process an employment or investment visa application upon receipt of all the required documents. Nonetheless, we have frequently observed that the delay can easily be about 6 or even more weeks depending on the complexity of the case. Besides please be aware that all applications are processed by the Immigration Department and accordingly, final approval is determined by them alone. Immigration evaluates on the basis of applicant’s profile (e.g. education, experience, business plan, business turnover, investment sum, financial resources, creation of local jobs, etc). So, success depends on the overall quality of your application.


Local staff hiring is not required, but you will have to provide a feasible and serious business plan for both an investment and employment visa to the immigration department with your application. It is advisable to include in your business plan, details of local job opportunities the company will create, and actually intend to hire local staff for, in the future.


Hong Kong residents or persons who have been admitted for investment or employment may sponsor the application of a dependant visa for their spouse and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18. Application for a dependant visa can take the Immigration Department up to six weeks to process upon receipt of all required documents.


Have an existing visa that is due to expire soon? You can apply for extension of stay within 4 weeks before the limit of stay expires. Routine applications will normally be finalized by the Immigration Department within two to three weeks of submitting all necessary documentation to them.


  • Standard visa application: HKD 15,000 (includes provision of a business plan framework and general review of its final version)*
  • Dependant visa application: HKD 8,000 (we can assist assuming we will be handling the linked standard visa application)
  • Extension of Stay application:
    • No change of employer: HKD 5,000 (applies for all visa types i.e. employment, investment and dependent)
    • With change of employer, cost depends on whether the new employer has had any visa approval any time within the last 18 months:
      • If yes, then our fee will be HKD 10,000
      • If no, then our fee will be HKD12,000

*Preparing the business plan as required by the immigration remains the duty of the applicant and not iNCUBEE.

If you are interested in our visa application services, please send us an email at with your name, the type of visa you would like to apply for and in the case of investment visa, confirm whether or not you have a third party sponsor. We will get back to you forthwith with more information.

Read our article:

Visa Application Hong Kong

How To Apply: Hong Kong Visa